Tony Jaques PhD, Director of Issue Outcomes and author of Crisis Counsel: Navigating Legal and Communication Conflict, offers an exclusive chapter about the common dispute communicators and lawyers face when apologizing.
This free chapter will help you to:
- Recognize why you should apologize when you’ve done something wrong.
- Assess the legal implications of apologizing.
- Learn from real-life examples how lack of a proper apology can trigger a crisis.
- Avoid making the crisis worse by failing to apologize.
- Know how apologizing can sometimes reduce legal liability.
- Accept why you sometimes need to apologize, even when you’ve done nothing wrong.
- Show how legal or political pressure can demand organizational apologies for historical issues.