On March 17, law firm Mehlman & Castagnetti will host a conversation with two of the leading experts on reforming U.S. politics, former CEO & bestselling author Katherine Gehl and Kansas businessman & entrepreneur Greg Orman.
Katherine Gehl is former CEO of a multinational food business & author of 2020 bestseller “The Politics Industry,” in partnership with Harvard Business School Professor Michael Porter Here’s Katherine’s TED talk on the topic. Greg Orman is a Kansas businessman, entrepreneur, & leading voice in the U.S. political independent movement, running as an independent for Senate (2014) & Governor (2018). Here’s his speech to the Center for Global Humanities on “How Independents Can End Hyper-Partisanship and Restore Democracy.”
We will discuss:
- What’s wrong with 21stcentury political competition and how it got this way
- What election reforms could restore healthier competition to our political processes
- Why 3rd Parties have mostly failed in the U.S., and what could transform that
- Which reforms offer the greatest opportunities for fixing our politics
- What average citizens can do to support reform
** We will send copies of Katherine’s new book to the first 50 people who email [email protected] to request it (include your snail mailing address).